Introduction to Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) & Hazard & Operability Studies (HAZOPS)
1 day workshop
Reliability Centred Maintenance & Hazard and Operability Studies are approaches we can use to increase our understanding of equipment and processes. This one-day workshop will lead to an understanding of both processes and teach how to establish and manage teams to carry them out.
RCM is a process used to understand how our equipment should operate, how it could fail to do that and what the most appropriate maintenance is to prevent or mitigate failure. Learn how to carry out a Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA) then how to use the data to go on to determine the most appropriate maintenance action and how to group the tasks.
Hazard and operability studies are a structured and systematic examination of a planned or existing process or operation in order to identify and evaluate problems that may represent risks to personnel or equipment, or prevent efficient operation. Learn how to apply a structured examination of a system by considering what parameters are important and how they could be exceeded
Course content includes:
- Establishing and managing teams to carry out the RCM & HAZOPS
- Carrying out a Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Using structured decision logic to analyse current and determine future maintenance tactics
- Failure Modes Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Effective ways to group maintenance tasks
- Establishing the HAZOPS design intent of equipment
- Deviations from design intent using parameters and keywords
- Considering HAZOPS cause, consequence, safeguards and actions
- Producing a HAZOPS report
This course is designed for:
- Any staff who are or may be involved in RCM or HAZOPS
Training your staff in Maintenance Excellence will:
- Instill a culture of maintenance best practice in your workplace
- Increase reliability of key plant and machinery
- Improve productivity through a more structured approach to maintenance
- Use staff time more effectively
"The course you guys are doing
has been an absolute godsend.
Maintenance Best Practice
covered a lot of things that I
hadn’t heard about before, but
that are huge in my company. So
thanks a lot!"
Price includes: Comprehensive training material, lunch, morning/afternoon tea
$450 plus GST
9:00am - 3:00pm